Hailey's Cheering Section - Join Us!!!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Books, Diet, Etc...




hey y'all!
I just wanted to let you know about 3 books I got for Hailey. Hopefully these will help her out in the diet department & in researching the alternative treatments that are out there. I also want everyone out there to be armed with this valuable info so we can start fighting cancer in our own homes and bodies RIGHT NOW.

First up - How to Outsmart Your Cancer
Holy Crap
This book has a ton of info on what (this author) believes (and I personally share some of these beliefs) causes cancer. From pesticides, nuclear waste, chlorine in our water supply etc...there is enough info in here to make you move to the middle of nowhere, live off of well water and grow all your own food. BUT the book also offers solutions and great alternative treatments for cancer patients such as protocell treatment. My question is, why aren't these treatments more widespread??? Here is a link to the book. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0972886737

The next two go together:
"What to Eat if You Have Cancer" and the companion cookbook
Seriously, I think we all need to eat this way or just incorporate more of these kinds of foods into our daily diet - its so logical! more whole grains (ever heard of Quinoa?), lots of veggies, NO sugar, raw fruit - lots of juicing, no meat and very little dairy. I am not a vegetarian, but Hailey is, and I do not eat red meat or pork and I do feel better for it. Dairy always makes me feel sluggish and phlegmhy (TMI? sorry!) so I try to avoid it if I have a cold. I am not preaching, but I think we can all agree that the typical American diet is way out of control. My biggest beef here (sorry, couldn't help it!) is that when Hailey is in the hospital, they give here nothing but junk food! Mashed potatoes and jello may taste good, but they have been proven to be detrimental to cancer patients! ???? This just baffles me. Here are the links to the books.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0972886737
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0071473963

An interesting tidbit of info - there has been an increase of sarcoma's in Athens in the past few months. Sarcoma's on the whole are rare. A very well known and respected Oncologist said something about this to my BFF when Hailey was diagnosed and then a nurse said something about it at the hospital to Hailey. Something in the water???? hmmmmmm....something to think about. Just don't obsess over it - k?

3 comments:

Heather said...

No comments on this one - hmmmmm...I thought the whole diet thing would elicit some comments or the Athens water thing. I really want to know others opinions on this one.

Shams said...

Hey Hailey & Heather! I am so glad that you're following these diet recommendations as much as you can. That old saying, "You are what you eat," is so true that it's scary.

I will be thinking about you and praying for you this week, dear one. I usually go home to Atlanta via 129 to 85, so I pass right by your house. I'd be happy to come give you a treatment or two if you'd like that. Just let me know! :)

Kendra said...

Hey Heather! Just got linked up to this blog and have been reading through all your posts. I don't have any input as far as the water goes, but it's certainly something to consider. My favorite Aunt had breast cancer several years ago and she's done so much research on diet and health and made a complete 180 with the way she lives her life. She juices everyday, eats almost all organic, makes many vegetarian meals (but she does still eat some chicken/fish/meat), and she takes lots of natural herbs and supplements. She urges all of us close family members to do the same and to go see a...what are they called, those herbal/natural doctors. Can't think of what they're called. I have a juicer and a great vegetarian cookbook, and I try to do organic on some things, but it's definitely challenging. :)