Hailey's Cheering Section - Join Us!!!

Monday, September 15, 2008

Yippee! Followers!!!!

Yeah!!!! Thank you guys for showing your support by being an official follower of the blog! It means so much to see all of you - thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! As I am typing this message, there are 7 of you that have signed up as a follower - I know that there are more of ya, and I can't wait to see who all is out there. :)

Hailey is at the oncologists office right now getting IV fluids and she is also starting her antibiotics today. She just texted me and told me that she had a fever early this morning and that she will have to be in the oncologists office EVERY DAY this week instead of every other day. This is all in hopes to keep her out of the hospital. She does not like the oncologists office because its depressing with all the bald people and the glaring fact that she is the oddity of the group - being so young and all. Most of the older people in there look at her with pity in their eyes and that just makes her feel worse. She says that the grannys and grandpas are really sweet, but it just still makes her feel more like an outcast being the youngest person there most days. However, in spite of all this, she would rather be there than at the hospital again. She really does not like the hospital - the food stinks and she just wants her own bed, cat, dog, boyfriend and kitchen...I dont blame her.

Lets all pray that she can stay at home this time around, she needs it.


3 comments:

Ashley T. Murdoch said...

Glad you have this page for us to follow!!! I check it daily. Please send Hailey my love & let her know that an old "dangerous hiker" is thinking of her : ) I would like to send her a card, where should I send it? YOu all are in my thoughts & prayers.
With MUCH love, Ashley

Shannon said...

Thanks so much for this blog. I love to see how Hailey is doing and it makes me feel like I can support her! I would like to send Hailey a few DVD's for when she is in the hospital. I was wondering the best way to get them to her? I want to come and visit in the hospital or at home, but I also don't want to be a bother.
Hailey, you are looking great. We are all thinking about you at the schools!
Love,
Shannon

Heather said...

Oh my gosh Ashley...you are a woman! A full grown beautiful woman - I still think of you as a little girl! Come out here and see us! I would love to hug your neck girl!

Shannon - you can send the DVD's to my house or to Hailey's house if you want. Hailey enjoys visitors in the hospital most of the time, but sometimes she is sleeping or really out of it. Email me at heather@heatherswint.com for our addresses.