Hailey's Cheering Section - Join Us!!!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Everybody...

Love and light to you all
It has been a crazy year - thanks for being there for me and listening (or just reading) to me rant and rave. Hopefully I have made you laugh along the way and maybe you have learned something from me - I have certainly learned from all of you. Your compassion, love and caring have exceeded my expectations and I thank you for that.

Tonight we have our traditional Christmas eve gathering at my mom's house where she cooks veggie soup and dad reads the "Night Before Christmas" to everybody. Non-traditionally (at least for me) Mike and I are also going to a candlelight service at our church - well, across the street from my Church. Its so big that they have people outside in the parking lot! :) Its going to be nice - I hope it does not rain...

Two nights ago something poetic happened in my living room. I was trying to put up some more lights on my mantle because I did not really decorate that much this year. As I was doing this, a glass baby Jesus fell off the mantle and shattered. My lights got in the way of baby Jesus. Cat, if you are reading this, I owe you one glass baby Jesus. I am sorry :( Stupid lights...

Wanna know a secret?
I have always wondered if Mary was in labor pains while riding on a donkey...that had to suck if so. I mean, running from the government, riding on a donkey, about to give birth to the Son of Man...no pressure! But some people think that Jesus was born without pain to Mary. That would have been real nice of God to do that for her since she could have been stoned to death for getting pregnant by someone other than her husband - thank God for Joseph huh???



Merry Christmas Everybody!

No comments: