Hailey's Cheering Section - Join Us!!!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Well - I'm just gonna let it all hang out here - for all to see...About a month ago, my life got turned upside down when my sister was diagnosed with cancer. She has a rare form of cancer that originates in her nerves - its severe. She had major surgery to remove the 5 inch long, naaaaasty looking tumor from her abdomen about a month ago. She was in the hospital for a week and she is still recovering from the surgery. About a week later, she got the news that it was cancer - and that it was bad. I was at her first oncologist appointment with her - that was rough. I was in the waiting room with her 5 year old daughter and then my sis comes out of the doctors office crying and shaking her head. A woman, a stranger, walking down the hall stopped to give her a hug and Hailey just sobbed. That moment of pure love will stay with me forever. That is what I am going to focus on - LOVE - I (we all) have a choice to make - run towards the light, or get sucked into the vortex of the darkness. I was being sucked in, but I am making a stand and running towards the light.

No comments: